Monday 10 June 2013

Estée Lauder Double Wear Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara








No mascara

Estée Lauder double wear mascara


I'm not usually one for high end mascaras (although I do have my eye on the Lancôme doll eye!) but being such a huge fan of the double wear foundation I was curious to try other products from the range. 

To me double wear represents a long wearing, no budging formula which is exactly what I look for in a mascara. Although I have normal to dry skin I do find mascaras tend to smudge above and below my lashes so being that this is called a 'zero smudging' mascara it defiantly called out to me.

Let me start with the packaging. To be totally honest I'm not really sure how I feel about it, yes it's classic and classy but something just doesn't work for me. I don't know if its the fact it feels almost too grown up?  The formula however I adore. Sometimes I find formulas that are marketed as non smudging overcompensate by being too dry however this is the perfect consistency for creating longer, fuller lashes. I opted for the colour 01 black and black it most certainly is, it leaves a gorgeous glossy finish as a posed to looking dry and flakey like some. If you're looking for volume this may not be your best friend but length it certainly delivers on, separating the lashes with a natural curl. 

Now onto the zero smudging claim...I don't know if you can say zero but very very little is defiantly correct. I found it worked especially on my lower lashes where I've had no problem with smudging whatsoever. It lasted all day without flaking or evaporating?! Do any of you find some mascaras just see, to disappear throughout the day like me! 

Lastly onto the removal process! I'm a girl who likes things to be simple and easy. My eyes can be sensitive so the last thing I want is to be stuck scrubbing them for hours at the end of the day when all I want is my bed. A splash of Bioderma on a cotton pad removes this easily for me with no scrubbing and leaves my eyes refreshed and clean. 


I just thought I'd also mention Estée Lauder sometimes have special offers where you receive a free gift with purchase which is quite frequently a double ended wand with the mascara. If you wanted to try it out, keep a look out for that offer if not you can pick yours up for £19.50 from any Estée Lauder counter. 

What are your thoughts on this? Any mascara recommendations for me to try next?






1 comment:

  1. This looks like a really nice mascara. I'm not really bothered by volume I much prefer curl and length so I might give it a go. I'm using the Seventeen Doll'd Up mascara atm and it's surprisingly really nice for what I need, but just doesn't last at all! Smudges and flakes like crazy on me.

    Hannah :) x
    hannahhepton.com

    ReplyDelete