Monday 11 November 2013

Boots Hauling

       
       
       
       
       
       
       
After suffering with that dreaded Sunday feeling a few weekends ago I headed to Boots with an urge to spend money and forgot about the weekend nearly being over. Luckily (for my bank balance!) Boots had a 3 for 2 offer across all make up so it would've been rude not to! Here are the three items that have taken up place in my make up bag recently..

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr in 'On and on bronze' 

Not one to usually jump on the bandwagon just because of the hype, the Maybelline Color Tattoos are loved by so many I couldn't resist any longer. I opted for the shade 'On and on bronze' which as you may be able to guess is a neutral based, wearable, metallic bronze. It's super quick and easy to apply for those mornings when you're in a rush and just want a wash of colour over the lid, I like to apply it with my finger and then blend it out with a brush. I've heard they work great as a base for other eyeshadows too, they've been said make other shadows last longer and add vibrancy. I'm shocked at how creamy and smooth the texture of this is and haven't had any problems with creasing. Ill defiantly be looking to pick up more.


Maybelline 'Mega Plush Volum' Express' Mascara

I rarely leave the house without mascara so having a good couple is essential in my make up bag. I've been a big fan of the Maybelline 'Falsies' mascara for a while so thought it about time I try one of the new releases from the range. I think the turquoise and pink packaging sold it to me! 'Mega Plush' is Maybelline's first gel mousse formula that is light weight and leaves your lashes long and fluttery. I do think 'Volum' Express' is slightly miss leading, it does add volume and length but I wouldn't go to this for that specifically. I've been leaning more towards wearing this in the daytime for a wide eyed, awake look and my Make up Forever Smoky Lash in the evenings. My main gripe with this mascara is the flexi wand, I like the concept but for me it just doesn't work. When applying to your lashes the resistance you can apply is just far too low and the brush ends up wobbling around all over the place! I will persist with and continue to use it for work but don't think ill be repurchasing! 


Bourjois 'Delice de Poudre' Bronzer 

The infamous Bourjois 'chocolate' bronzer as known to most. This is a re-purchase I've been meaning to pick up for a while after smashing my last one into hundreds of little pieces. A good bronzer is a staple in my make up bag for achieving a glow i try to keep all year round. Its the perfect shade of bronze that adds a natural looking colour without leaving you muddy or dirty looking that applies smooth and evenly. I tend to apply it with my 'Gosh' Kabuki which is more dense than a regualr big fluffy brush to really work it into the skin to create an airbrushed finish. On first glance it looks matte which I like but if you look closely does contain subtle shimmer particles. I think i shall be adding  Nars 'Laguna' to my collection next, have any of you tried it? 



6 comments:

  1. Love Bourjois - you can always count on them to come up with wonderful products and this bronzing powder is one of my absolute favourites and it smells yummy too :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love on and on bronze, it's so pretty! I have the mega plush waiting to be used, can't wait to see the effect, I've heard it gives natural looking lashes. I'll remember the flexi brush though when I use it!

    Claudia xx | Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that mascara but I didn't get the wand thing either!

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really want to try out that bronzer, heard so many wonderful things about it :-)

    Love, Christine♥
    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel exactly the same about that mascara! It does the job but it's nothing to write home about.

    wwww.amadhattersteaparty.blogspot.co.uk

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love 'on and on bronze', it's the kind of shade that you can use for a more subtle look for the daytime or build into a smokey eye for a more dramatic look in the night! That Bourjois bronzer is another one of my favourites and something I use everyday too- the smell in itself is amazing! Great picks :) Alice xx
    aliceinthelookingglass.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete