Friday 20 December 2013

Current Favourites #2

      
      
      
     
      
      
      
      
      

It's that time again when there's a whole new bunch of products I've been reaching for and loving! I'm awful at sticking with things which is why there won't be monthly favourites here (for now anyway!) but current favourites as and when! Meet my favourites...

Korres Lip Butter in 'Pomegranate'

When I saw these a while back in my local Waitrose I let out a little squeal of excitement. I'd heard so many good things about the brand and couldn't resist picking up a little something whilst on an introductory offer. The lip butters are described as a 'buttery lip balm' not unlike the Revlon lip butters in a pot form. Pomegranate is a bright pinky coral that sinks into the lips leaving them moisturised and soft avoiding any of that sticky feeling. For a tinted lip balm the pigmentation and colour pay off is great and the smell is delicious! 


The Body Shop 'Vitamin C daily moisturiser' 

I'm a huge fan of the Vitamin C range at the body shop but really got into this Summer when looking for a moisturiser that contained an SPF. Not only does this moisturiser and in fact the whole range smell like oranges but its great for counteracting dull looking, fatigued skin. It is so fresh smelling I like to use it on those dark, early mornings to awaken my senses as a base for my foundation. I'm so sad I've nearly run out! 

Urban Decay Vol 2 palette 

Urban Decay have hands down some of the best eye shadows and this palette just proves that! I'm a neutrals girl through and through which I why the others have barely been touched but the ones I do use makes it worth carrying around with me. These neutral shadows make a great change to my favourite naked palette. I've especially been loving 'Sellout' all over the lid and 'YDK' in my crease. 'Sellout' is the perfect warm toned champagne colour unlike any in the naked palette that I'm considering buying it as a single shadow before I run out here! 


Benefit 'Erase Paste' 

A complete impulse purchase here when I was in the mood to shop that has become a staple in my make up bag. It's great for under my eyes or to cover imperfections as it doesn't crease or settle but I do find it works a lot better applied with the warmth of my fingers than a brush as it is a thick consistency. I would class it as a heavy duty, full coverage concealor  but as long as you ensure you blend it well you'll have no problems. 


Skinetica

Skinetica is a product I'd never heard of before receiving it in my SWbloggers meet up goodie bag. To be honest I didn't have high hopes for it at first and I'm not keen on the plastic packaging but the product itself is a real winner. This year we've all learnt the importance of toners in our skin care regime  and how much of a staple they should be. Skinetica says this product combines 3 functions in 1 to act as an anti-blemish skincare treatment, a super toner and a base to make up foundation. Once I have cleansed I apply some Skinetica to a cotton pad and sweep over my face. It's one of those products I can feel almost working instantly and know its doing good!


L'oreal Micellar Water 

I'm not going to ramble on about this one for long as I've recently posted a in depth review on here but it's defiantly giving Bioderma a run for its money. I honestly think if you put the 2 in clear bottles I wouldn't be able to tell the difference! My only gripe...the damn bottle! I find it almost impossible to pout any out onto a cotton bad without spilling it down myself, surely this is a design fault and not me just being clumsy?! 


Real Techniques 'Contour brush'  

Real Techniques are the brushes of the moment and I for one use multiple in my everyday make up routine. I have been especially loving the 'Contour' brush recently for applying my bronzer as a contour to give my face more definition and also for applying more precise blush on the apples of my cheeks. The tapered shape makes it great for angling it under my cheek bones and the fact it is slightly pointed means its great for precision. 


Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua 

Lastly my beloved Chanel 'Vitalumiere Aqua,' again I have already spoken about this in more depth in a previous post but I couldn't not include it. Do you have foundations that you only use for special occasions because the thought of them running out is terrifying? This is mine. I'm quite surprised at just how much i like this one seeing as I almost always wear high coverage foundations but it can be built up and the colour is just spot on. I feel so grown up when i use it I can see being repurchased over and over just to have in my collection! 


That's all folks! Have you tried any of these products? 

1 comment:

  1. I really want to try the Chanel foundation. Heard it raved about on a lot of blogs, including the videos of Fleur De Force(must be good right?) and now ou've said it is a favourite. I need it in my life!

    Kassie - www.styledevoured.com xx

    ReplyDelete